Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February!

I have the day off today because the students in the afternoon class have their exams. That also means that next Tuesday I have the morning off and on this and next Thursday I will be kind of floating around the teachers' lounge not going to classes for the afternoons. So, enough of rubbing that in everyone's face, I decided to announce how exciting my February will be!

On the 12th, I will be going by train to Santiago, then flying to Madrid, then flying to Paris!! I am so excited, it is incredible! My friend Anna (who studied with me in Santiago three (!!!) years ago), will be my hostess. It will be wonderful because she is French and knows things. Whereas I am perfectly capable of saying my name and that "I don't speak French" and "I don't know" and things like "cold", "hot", "beach", "snow", "flat hair/fallen cake". So, really nothing terribly pertinent to DOING things or ASKING for things in France.

Anna is planning out this amazing trip, involving all the major touristy things. Like Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs du Elysse (sp), the Louvre, the Museum D'Orsay and maybe going out a bit at night. Also, I was doing the math and for my training I'm going to have to do an 8-mile run one day while on vacation. :( While I'm kind of bummed about that, I know it's something I have to do to meet my goal. Anyway, it is going to be totally awesome. I will let you all know how it goes!

Speaking of goal, the day after I get back from Paris, Manu and I are going to Valencia! There are a few events lined up with the marathon, such as runners' fairs, a breakfast run (where I will be reppin' KS!), free guided tourbus tours, a pasta dinner (yay for carbing up!) and then the actual race. It is going to be kind of intense because this is allegedly an 'easy' marathon so a lot of really competitive and experienced racers come out to make personal records on the course, so it's looking mostly like I will be hanging out all by myself in the back. But it is still pretty epic that I'm really going to DO it! And in a gorgeous city! Win win (although not literally, hahaha)! Will also let you know how it goes! Oh! And I get this sweet gift bag. Bonus.

So, there you have it. This will be a phenomenal February (phonetic alliteration forever!) and I am excited for it to get here!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it!